Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues with trade knowledge and develop a plan to fix the current issue. The Sales Engineer needs to be a hands-on technically savvy person with knowledge in the security/electronic field.
- Assist the sales team (Account Executives, and Major Accounts) in a pre-sales role to qualify, manage, and close sales opportunities.
- Performs discovery, analysis of business needs and definition of client requirements in conjunction with the Account Executives to determine technical requirements for project work, as well as ascertain fit and suitability of our other products, including managed services, within the client network.
- Works with the Sales Engineering staff to convey requirements to the client and provide insight into the technical options available for network and server infrastructure. The role will also aid in designing leading-edge solutions containing a wide variety of technologies.
- Works closely with the Account Executives to determine requirements, counts, and configuration of our managed service offerings in order to provide a cost effective and comprehensive managed solution.
- Confirms that products meet the prospect's requirements and will assist sales in technical qualification. Throughout the proposal process, the Sales Engineer will articulate and demonstrate solutions, influence customer's technical requirements, and position products relative to competition.
- Assist in the completion of RFP/RFQ bids.
- Utilize system design tools as needed to design system layouts.
- Review sales quotes and confirm equipment lists are correct.
- Provide pre-sales support to customers and communicate with clients’ technical team as needed.
- Assist in creating and implementing proof on concepts for clients.
- Assist account executives by answering technical questions and making technical presentations
- 3-5 years of experience as a solutions engineer in a mid to large size security integrator.
- 10 years + experience in technical products and services in the security industry.
- A strong and thorough knowledge in the Security industry – CCTV, Access Control, Intrusion, PLC’s, Relays, Gate Control, Fence Detection, Network Infrastructure, Intercoms, Etc.
- Industry association, participation and/or leadership preferred.
- Advanced communication skills both written, verbal and presentations to senior executive levels.
- Expert user level of computer systems: Microsoft Office, Excel, Visio and documentation control systems.
- Intermediate user level of CAD.
Keys to Success
- Be able to provide samples of design work completed in the past.
- Expert knowledge with Avigilon product line.
- Expert in designing fully integrated access control, intrusion and CCTV systems.
- Proven track record of deploying technology solutions.
- Experienced as a sales engineer or technical resource in network design, installation and management.
- Outstanding account management and follow-through skills, resourcefulness, and attention to detail.
- Experience designing and presenting technical solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; professional presentation skills; self-starter, cooperative attitude; team player.
- High energy with a “sense of urgency” and a “take charge” attitude.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- A demonstrated ability to operate with grace under pressure.
- Demonstrate sound judgement – an ability to weigh information and decide on the most appropriate course of action.
- Excellent MS Office skills.
- Excellent MS Visio skills.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Office Setting
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Security & Investigations
Job Functions: Information Technology