Our Service & Installation Technicians are our partners in delivering the best possible solution to our customers. They own the work they do and leverage their knowledge of our products and policies to ensure that the job is done right the first time. They have an attention to detail to guarantee that all site protocols and health and safety standards are followed and can deal with the growing demand for our products and services.
- Attend clients’ sites to install, maintain or repair all company systems including video monitoring systems.
- Check to ensure all systems are online when attending a site, noting any malfunctions and notifying their direct Supervisor and/or Operations management of all issues.
- Document and maintain accurate records of all work performed on a site and submit daily reports as required using email, ticketing systems, and other technology tools.
- Work with the Monitoring Centre to ensure the best camera sight lines, that cameras are correctly focused, and alarms are properly set up on each installation.
- Work with IT department to ensure that all equipment installed is properly configured and in line with IT best practices.
- Knowledgeable and adheres to all company policies, procedures, protocols and Health and Safety requirements
- Perform warehouse duties as assigned, including assisting with device configuration and system preparation.
- Maintain and repair all equipment as needed to guarantee that it is working as required
- Ensure company vehicles are kept in good working condition and notify their direct Supervisor and/or the Operations management of any deficiencies.
- Ensure sufficient equipment is in the vehicle in order to complete assigned daily tasks as well as carry out any other maintenance or repair issues that arise while on a site.
- Ensure daily vehicle and boom assembly safety checks are performed and recorded.
Required Education and Skills
- Post secondary education in a technology related field with an emphasis on computer/IT skills.
- 2+ years previous experience as a camera installer
- Completion of a security manufacturers certified training program would be an asset
- Two years of experience driving heavy vehicles (>10,000 lbs)
Keys to Success
- Excellent physical condition as the job requires lifting of equipment overhead weighing upwards of 50 lbs.
- No fear of heights in order to operate a bucket truck to conduct installations
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills to interact effectively with internal and external parties
- The ability to troubleshoot CCTV analog/IP systems.
- A valid Ontario driver's licence, an annual driving record abstract from MTO and a police background check
- The ability to work independently and to prepare all necessary documentation in a timely and accurate manner
- A good knowledge and adherence to site protocols and Health and Safety policies and practices
- Self-motivated and committed to continuous learning
- Ability to work effectively independently
Seniority Level: Associate
Industry: Security & Investigations
Employment Type: Full-time